Sunday, June 29, 2008

Holy Mustache!!!


You know, there are a two laws that govern my household. And my wife established these laws clearly, before we ever got engaged. These laws included:
1. Absolutely NO long hair.
2. Absolutely NO mustaches.
Since the day I said "I Do" I became almost magnetically attracted to both of these items. Looking for any opportunity to fraternize with these enemies.
I once grew my hair out to about 4 inches or so and Jenn did everything in her power just short of pulling a "Delilah" on me in the middle of the night, to get me to cut it. I cut it reluctantly, knowing I would never see that length again.
But until today I have never kept a mustache past the bathroom door. It is the law i have been most pharisaical in obeying. I never had the gumption to walk out of my front door and spend a day flashing the upper lip adornment. I never had the guts to stand up to my wife despite the disgust, and walk proudly in public displaying my hairy attribute.
Today was the day!
There was a certain sick kind of joy I felt while disobeying this law. And darn it!...today felt good. Today people treated me with respect I have never known. I felt admired everywhere we went. I felt like Tom Selleck. It was magnificent.
But like any sin, it is only pleasurable for a season. As i am writing this, my stache is already gone...it was only temporary disobedience. In the end my marriage always wins.
But if there are any men reading this, I highly recommend at least one day of freedom. One day to take back our manhood. One day to experience the glory that is, Mustache.

5 comments:

The Clays said...

I'm with Jen on the mustache thing!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

I am rolling on the ground laughing right now. I am wit Jen as well, you look stalker-ish just a bit!

jenkins family six said...

SICK!!!!! Chris that is way too gross!

bryna said...

That is SO dirt ball Chris. Im glad it only lasted a day. Good job Jenn.

Theis said...

Chris, that's just hilarious, man!