Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trusting in the Lord's Character

This seems to be a yearly lesson for me for some reason, and it's no fun. I have been waiting on the Lord for some change in our lives and asking the Lord to give me peace that this is how it's always going to be or encouragement that change is around the corner and so far of 2008 the Lord has still remained silent on this issue. Anyone who has struggled with His silence knows what I'm talking about... it's deafening! But here is what I DO know... the character of my Lord is that of a Father. He is ALWAYS working things out for GOOD because He loves me! He knows the number of hairs on my head. His thoughts towards me are more then the sand on the shore. He desired to have me in eternity so much that He willingly endured the cross. EVERY spiritual blessing is mine already. (You see how I am reminding myself of these things even as I write)
So to anyone who is waiting on the Lord or is buying into the lie that the Lord doesn't hear you remember this... HE DOES! He is for us and NOT against us! We are of more value to Him than many sparrows. We can rest assured that He IS working on our behalf for HIS glory!

2 comments:

Steph Hagy said...

Having gone through many seasons of what seems like silence from the Lord, I can tell you that God is very much at work during those times. There is a tendency to let "feelings" prove God's presence or His lack of presence. Like.. "I feel God has left us adrift". Feelings are fickle...don't trust em. God is manuevering you like a ship on the sea. If you only look at the surface it seems as if nothing is happening...that you are in the doldrums... In reality God is manuevering you around huge boulders beneath the surface, directing you to the safe channel..bringing you into the port of His choosing. God is always working in the silent times...it's where substance and character is developed in you and faith in His Word becomes sure and strong. Don't be discouraged. God knows what He is doin....

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

I find it of comfort/blessing that God can use ANYTHING/ ANYONE to speak directly to my heart.